Tuesday 9 September 2014

I see fire.

Mister Fire invited me to see him play at a club a few weeks back. I said yes, of course, although I got off work really late and had to rush. He's invited me to come watch him tens of times, but I've never managed to get my bottom to the club. I was wearing black jeans, a worn leather jacket, a white over-sized tee and bright red lipstick. My long blonde hair was wavy and messy. I looked pretty good.

I was in the front row. He was playing guitar and singing a ballad. He kept looking straight into my eyes, right into my soul for the whole length of the song. The four minutes felt like an hour - in a good way. For a second there it felt like we were the only people there, he was singing to me and no one else.

The gig was over, he packed away his stuff and sat next to me at the bar. He nibbled at my ear and said "I want you. Let's go home." Before I knew it I had my jacket on and pulled him out the door. He put his hand firmly on the back of my neck and pulled me into a passionate kiss as soon as we got outside. A few seconds later he had my lipstick all around his face. "I'm not a true rock artist unless I can mess up a groupie's lipstick." He kissed my neck, I purred and almost ran to the car, dragging him behind.

The ride home was crazy. I had to focus fully on controlling myself. I just wanted to pull the car over, get undressed and love him like it was our last day on earth. And I did, as soon as we got home. He kept smiling through it all, he never looked away from my eyes. I can still feel his lips on my skin, the burning sensation of his fingertips on my clavicles... His strong arms pulling me closer to him. There was this moment when he was on top of me when he suddenly stopped, took a good look at me and said "Don't freak out. I love you." I couldn't breathe. I wanted to shout out that I love him too, but nothing came out of my mouth. I just smiled and told him to kiss me like he's never kissed me before.

The next morning he sat in my living room, playing guitar and singing to me while I was making coffee in the kitchen. I can't remember the exact song he played, but it went something like "You are my ecstasy/my real life fantasy/my dream come true" [something something I have forgot]. For some reason my knees felt really weak, I couldn't hold on to the kettle any longer. I'm so happy he didn't see me at the moment - he would've thought I was freaking out. It was just the opposite. He has swept me off my feet, literally.


I gave him a ride home on my way to work. The moment he closed the door behind him I felt empty - why do I have to be without him? A few minutes later he sent me a text saying "I miss you already. When can I see you again??" 
Anytime, baby. I'm (almost) all yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment